Monday 5 August 2013

Stuff to do in London - The alternative London Tour

Ok so this isn't the bucket list, it'd just something to do. It's the day after the boot sale so I've kept this up for 3 days which is pretty good :D

So I was looking for stuff to do and came across http://www.alternativeldn.co.uk/

We went on the walking tour around the East End. Starting in Liverpool street, we walked through Brick Lane and Shoreditch ending up back at the city. The tour was based on street art but also some history lessons about the area which was very interesting. Seeing the only building in the world that has housed worship  for 4 different religions, finding out where bollards came from lol

Also got schooled about the war between graffitte and street art etc etc. It was pretty cool, there's a lot of talented artists out there and also non talented artists like the guy who stuck nut shells to a wall. I think I'm in the wrong career.

The tour guide, Ben Slow is an artist himself although he didn't show us his own work, ( found him on google http://www.slowbenart.com/ ) He was a very good tour guide, very knowledgable. I think he has the heart of a hippy, he detests the city and corporate brands, although I did see him us an iphone so - little bit confusing lol

Anyway check out the tours  - I recommend!







No comments:

Post a Comment